It’s Amy Rivera, your sales and training representative for WISCareers. Welcome to our new blog — written and designed to spread news, advice, announcements and more, about WISCareers, CareerLocker, and the Center on Education and Work.
You may have received the WISCareers and CareerLocker newsletters in the past. To keep up with modern technology and social networking, we’ve moved to this new format: blog posting. In addition to providing the latest WISCareers tidbits, news and pointers, I’ll also be including advice and general information on career development, education, and even self-management — all intended to help you make the most of today’s tools and trends so you can be most effective on the job.
That broad focus is reflected in the name and tagline of the blog: Careers Forward: Resources, information, and ideas for career development professionals.
Here are some things you can expect to see on our new blog:
- WISCareers/CareerLocker updates and news
- Did you Know’s about WISCareers/CareerLocker (for example, did you know that if you purchase the elementary site, you can choose which version between the middle school site and elementary site you want your students to see?)
- Career development pointers, advice and tools
- Updates on the Center on Education and Work and our professional development conferences and workshops
- Information about our Career Development Facilitator Training
- Surveys for you to give your opinions and feedback
We also hope to have guest writers and exciting announcements.
If you want to have our posts sent directly to your in-box, enter your email under “follow blog via email” in the right hand lower corner of this page.Or, you can choose to follow us on Twitter or Facebook.
I look forward to spreading my good career development karma with you. Thanks for reading!